Here is some information regarding NetStorage, this system can be used to access your H-drive from home.
Please do not attempt to use Netstorage from school.
Log on to NetStorage:
- Go >> http://go.nhcs.net (This will automatically forward you to go.nhcs.net/Netstorage)
- You should bookmark this site once you are there so that it is easy to go back again.
- If you get a window asking you to accept a security certificate, click yes.
- Your username login is the same as your Novell username. (e.g., jsmith for Jim Smith) The password is the same as your Novell password.
- Since this system contains users from multiple schools, additional information must be added to your user name. The full path to your user directory must be typed. In general, it is: username.users.schoolname.level.nhcs Here are a couple of examples: jsmith.users.hoggard.hs.nhcs or jsmith.users.bear.hs.nhcs (a list is provided at the end of this document for the eligible schools.)
- In a few moments a page will display a folder called “Home”. Double click on this directory to access your files.
Download and save your file
- Double click on a file to open it. Only one file can be opened at a time.
- Save the file to your desktop, (or wherever you want to save it).
- Tip—you can click on ‘Folder view’ at the bottom of the screen to see a view similar to that at school.
Work on that saved copy
- Work on the copy you saved. This ensures you will not work on another copy you may have stored elsewhere on your computer.
- Tip: Keep NetStorage open but out of the way by minimizing Internet Explorer.
- Save your work often.
Upload the saved copy back to NetStorage
- Maximize Internet Explorer to bring NetStorage back to the desktop.
- Click on ‘File’ from the NetStorage menu.
- Click on ‘Upload’ in order to put your document back on your H-drive.
- A window opens up asking you what file you want to upload. ‘Browse' to your desktop, click once on the file you have been using, and click 'open.' The file address will be pasted into the upload window.
- Click on 'upload.’ Your file is moved back to your H-drive.
Be sure to log-off the system when finished.
Remember to substitute your Novell log-in name for “jsmith” - your password is the same as your Novell password.
In compliance with Federal law, including Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, New Hanover County Schools administers all state-operated educational programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination because of disability, race, religion, national, or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, or gender except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law. To file a complaint of discrimination, contact: Dr. Rick Holliday, Assistant Superintendent, Student Support and Federal Programs, 6410 Carolina Beach Road, Wilmington, NC 28412, Telephone (910) 254-4206; Fax (910) 254-4352.
© 2012 College Park Elementary School, 5001 Oriole Drive, Wilmington, NC 28403
Contact the College Park Webmaster | Disclaimer