Shelter Dress Code
Holly Shelter Middle School Dress Code
(Ref. BOE Policy #8520 Student Dress code)
FOLLOWING ARE PERMITTED AS PART OF THE HOLLY SHELTER DRESS CODE:
[All rules apply unless otherwise
specified in an educational plan].
Holly Shelter spirit wear may be worn at any time (sleeveless
jerseys must have a uniform top underneath).
Coats, hoodies, jackets and book bags must be removed before a student
enters the line for breakfast or lunch.
tops, including shirts, HOODIES, SWEATSHIRTS, ETC, must be plain
and solid colored (without graphics, pinstripes, dyed or embroidered designs), including ONLY the following colors: black,
white, gray, green, pink, or orange
shirts (may display a logo no larger than 3x3 inches on the
chest area only).
sweatshirts, hoodies, or fleece, and scarves must be uniform colors and
a uniform top must be worn underneath.
- NO JEANS OR DENIM OF ANY COLOR!
- All bottoms must be plain and solid colored, including
ONLY black, khaki, or navy blue
- Bottoms may include:
- Uniform style, 4-pocket pants or capris
- Uniform style, knee length or shorts
- Dresses, skirts, or jumpers at knee length or longer
- Official Holly Shelter Spirit Wear at any time
- The following are NOT permitted:
- Pants or shorts with side/thigh pockets (such as cargo or carpenter)
- Athletic pants (such as yoga pants, track pants, athletic shorts, or sweatpants)
- Footwear may include tennis shoes, boots, or sandals with a back strap.
- The following are NOT allowed:
- Flip Flops or other sandals without a back strap
- TEVAS/water shoes
- Heelies/any shoe with wheels in them
- Jackets and hats may be worn to school, but must be placed in students' lockers upon entry into the building.
- Backpacks and purses must be kept in lockers during the school day.
- Headbands must be solid dress code colors.
may carry gym clothes in sling bag.
Assume that any garment type, style, or fad not listed above is not in accordance with the HSMS dress code.
about compliance will be determined by school staff.
- "Plain" means without graphics, pinstripes, dyed or embroidered designs.
- No undergarments are to be visible at any time.
- All clothing must be fitted appropriately. It must be worn at natural waist level and not be "too tight" or "too loose".
- Clothing may not be tied, knotted, or worn inside out.
New Hanover County School System is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin,
gender, orientation, age or disability in any of its programs or activities.
compliance with Federal law, including Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation
Act and the provisions of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
New Hanover County Schools administers all state-operated educational
programs, employment activities, and admissions without discrimination
because of disability, race, religion, national, or ethnic origin, color,
age, military service, or gender except where exemption is appropriate
and allowed by law.
file a complaint of discrimination, contact: Dr. Rick Holliday, Deputy
Superintendent, Student Support and Federal Programs, 6410 Carolina Beach
Road, Wilmington, NC 28412, Telephone (910) 254-4206; Fax (910) 254-4352.