If you have moved to the Wilmington area
and you live within the Parsley
Elementary district, your
child(ren) may attend Parsley. If
you are unsure which school your child(ren) should attend, you may
contact the New Hanover County Community Schools Office at 254-4221.
about and applications for NHCS Year-Round Schools, Magnet Schools, Open Enrollment, Open Choice, Employee Benefit, and Transfers are available on the NHCS School
Assignment Options webpage.
In accordance with New Hanover County enrollment
policy, items the parents/guardians need to bring with them to enroll their child(ren) include:
- current record of immunization (if it is not a part of the school record)
- a certified (with the raised seal) copy of the birth certificate (mother's copy is not acceptable)
- social security card (if available)
- proof of residence in the form of a signed
lease or rental agreement, current tax statement or a newly signed
construction agreement or closing statement in the name of the parent(s),
court appointed custodian, with a closing date within 120 days (telephone,
cable, TV bills or driver's license are not accepted)
- name and address of previous school
- withdrawal slip from previous school (if available)
- copy of the most recent report card from previous school (if available)
- copy of custody agreement (if applicable)
- photo ID
Print out a check list
In addition to completing general information forms, you will also be asked to read and sign the following:
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
Forms are no longer be sent home at the beginning
of the school year. If interested, you can email Parsley and
we will provide you with the form(s).
Children presented for kindergarten enrollment
for the 2015-2016 school year must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2015. Kindergarten registration is Mar. 2-13, 2015.
must be registered at the school within their residence attendance
area. Attendance areas may be determined by using the NHCS school locator or verified
by contacting the Community Schools Office at 254-4221.
It is NOT necessary to bring your child to the school for registration. The registration will take approximately 15 minutes.
To enroll a child in kindergarten, parents must present the following:
- Proof of Residence which must include one of the following:
- a closing statement for a real estate transaction with a closing date within 120 days of enrollment
- a purchase agreement for a home signed by the seller
- a signed lease or rental agreement signed by the tenant and the landlord
- a current property tax statement
- photo ID
Above items must be in the name of the parent(s), court-appointed custodian or legal guardian
Child’s certified birth certificate with raised seal (mother's copy is not acceptable) 1
Social Security Card (if available)
Current Immunization Record2
Copy of Custody Agreement (if applicable)
Assessment Report showing
- Physical examination
- Vision screening
- Hearing screening
1Certified birth certificates may be obtained by writing the Vital Records Branch, P.O. Box 29537, Raleigh, NC 27626, by calling (910) 733-3526, or by visiting the Vital Records Branch at 225 North McDowell Street (on the corner of Lane and McDowell). They may also be obtained from the Register of Deeds office in the county of the child’s birth. The charge for a certified birth certificate is $3.00 per copy from the Register of Deeds and $10.00 from the Vital Records Branch.
2North Carolina State law requires the following immunization for all children enrolling in kindergarten or first grade for the first time:
- Five (5) DPT/pediatric DT shots
- Four (4) Oral Polio vaccine doses
- Three (3) Hepatitis B required for all children born after July 1, 1994
- Two (2) MMR doses
Immunizations may be obtained from a family physician or at clinics conducted by the New Hanover County Health Department. Call the Health Department at 343-6500 to schedule appointments for physicals and immunizations as soon as possible if needed.
Parents or legal guardians
with questions concerning kindergarten registration may call the elementary
school in their residential school district.
out a check list