New Hanover County Schools' Results for Statewide Assessments are provided in the attached news release. Highlights include:
- NHCS’ graduation rate reached its highest rate to date at 87.6% and, for the first time, surpassed the state’s graduation rate.
- NHCS’ graduation rate for our African-American students exceeded 80% for the first time. (83.6%)
- NHCS exceeded the state’s performance on all End-of-Grade (EOG) and End of Course (EOC) assessments.
- There were significant increases in district-wide science scores in Grades 5 and 8 as well as in Biology.
- The district has several of the highest performing elementary schools in the state.