Board Meeting, Redistricting Forum, Athletics and Driver's Ed Canceled for the Week
New Hanover County Schools will be closed for students and most staff members from Tuesday, September 11, 2018, until Friday, September 14, 2018, in anticipation of Hurricane Florence which is expected to impact the Cape Fear region at this time. Identified NHCS staff, including Senior Staff, principals, custodians, and some others, will be required to work on Tuesday to secure the schools and make preparations throughout the school system. Supervisors will inform employees if they are identified for work tomorrow (9/11/18).
The district is working continually with New Hanover County emergency management officials to monitor this storm and its potential impact on our area. Additional updates will be provided as more information becomes available. In the meantime, everyone is urged to follow the direction of the County emergency officials regarding public safety before, during and immediately after this serious event.
The following NHCS public meetings and activities are all canceled for this week:
- New Hanover County Board of Education meeting scheduled for Tuesday, September 11, 2018, has been canceled.
- New Hanover County Board of Education Redistricting Forum scheduled for Thursday, September 13, 2018, has been canceled.
- All NHCS athletic events, practices and related activities have been canceled.
- Driver’s Ed is canceled from Tuesday, September 11, 2018, until further notice.
Other important information:
- NHCS will provide information and updates via Connect5 calls, the NHCS website, and social media sites.
- New Hanover County schools that serve as shelters include Trask Middle, Johnson Pre-K, Codington Elementary, Eaton Elementary, and Noble Middle. The New Hanover County Government will announce when shelters will open.