New Hanover County Schools will host a back-to-school Safety Summit with a panel to include Judge J.H. Corpening, local health and safety officials, district leaders, and members of law enforcement. Deputy Superintendent Dr. Rick Holliday will serve as the moderator of this event. Panelists will speak about their roles in keeping the schools safe and provide an overview of the latest information regarding the district's approach to safety and security. There will be a question and answer period at the end of the session.
Materials on NHCS safety procedures, student health, and other related topics will be available at an information table that will be located in the lobby of the auditorium. NHCS parents and the general community are invited to attend.
The Safety Summit will be videotaped by NHCS-TV and aired at a later date so that parents who are unable to attend will be able to watch it.
- New Hanover County Board of Education Members
- Dr. Tim Markley, Superintendent
- Dr. Rick Holliday, Deputy Superintendent
- Judge J.H. Corpening
- NHCS Senior Staff
- David Spencer, NHCS Safety Officer
- NHC Health Department officials
- NHC/Wilmington Fire Departments - Captain C. Elrod, Deputy Fire Marshal R. Griswold
- Law Enforcement Representatives - Chief K. Sarvis, Lt. J. Augst
- Kristin Jackson, Director, NHCS Student Support Services
- Tanya Jordan, NHCS Lead Counselor and Social Worker
- Judy Stubblefield, NHCS Behavior Specialist
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Media Interviews with Summit Speakers:
6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Lobby
Minnie Evans Performing Arts Center - Auditorium
Veterans Park Campus
655 Halyburton Memorial Parkway
Wilmington, NC 28412