New Hanover County Schools announces the following schedule changes and closings in anticipation of Hurricane Dorian and its potential impact on the Cape Fear region:
- NHCS will operate on a normal, full-day schedule for students and staff on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. However, there will be no evening activities such as athletics and Drivers education.
- Schools will be closed for students on Wednesday, September 4, 2019. It will be an Optional Workday with early release for employees. District employees should check with their supervisors, directors, or principals for more information on the early release.
- Schools will be closed for students and staff on Thursday, September 5, 2019.
- District leaders will continue to monitor the storm. Plans for Friday, September 6, 2019, will be announced at a later time.
- Make-up days will be determined once the storm has passed.