- 2020 - 2021
School Cleared By NHC Fire Department For Return of Students at 11:45 a.m.
Students attending Trask Middle School on Thursday, November 12 were evacuated to the outside of the school at approximately 11:10 a.m. due to the suspicion of a gas leak. During the evacuation, students and staff were moved inside Laney High School due to inclement weather.
New Hanover County Fire Department and NHCS maintenance crews on the scene assessed the situation, determined that there was no gas leak, and cleared the building for the return of students and staff at approximately 11:45 a.m.
The school notified families through the Blackboard Connect 5 emergency notification system when students were evacuated and when the building was cleared for the return of students. No injuries were reported.