Back to School 2021-2022
Beginning the first day of the 2021-22 school year, New Hanover County Schools will return to in-person learning for all students, every school day.
We are committed to providing a safe and positive learning environment for all students, and we’re excited for our students to return to the connection, interaction, and growth that comes with face-to-face instruction.
We are planning for the 2021-22 school year to include:
5 days a week in-person instruction for every student.
Full extra-curricular activities and athletic programs.
Normal bus routes.
Free breakfast and free lunch for every student at every school.
Full Special Education; English as a Second Language (ESL); Career and Technical Education program offerings; and arts enrichment programs.
Keep reading for answers to frequently asked questions, and please reach out to us with any additional questions. We are looking forward to partnering with you as our students return to our schools and all of the incredible opportunities offered there.
- Where do I find information regarding the Strong Schools NC Public Health Toolkit?
- Why are all schools now able to operate under Plan A (in-person learning for all students every day)?
- Does my student age 12 and older need to get a COVID-19 vaccine before returning to school?
- Can my child do remote learning instead?
- What physical distancing will be in place?
- Will face coverings/masks be required for students and staff when we return to school?
- What are the requirements for school sports?
- Will students be screened before entering school?
- Where can I find all COVID-19 public health guidance documents for New Hanover County Schools?
- Where can I find NC Department of Public Instruction’s operational guidance for public schools?