- Fostering personal and business contacts
- Recruiting new partners
- Connecting partners with schools
- Supporting communications with business and community leaders with news and information about NHCS
- Coordinating spotlights of community partnerships at New Hanover County Board of Education meetings
- Rewarding exceptional programs and projects related to Business and Community Partnerships
- Coordinating Facility Use or community use of school property in the district
- Coordinating materials distribution for the district
New Hanover County Schools encourages families of students as well as businesses, churches and community members to get involved. There are many ways to make a positive contribution to an area school or the district.
Business and Community Partnerships allow businesses, churches, clubs, and social groups to engage, contribute and get involved. We encourage and support the development of partnerships that strengthen and enhance the quality of education and community connectedness. The Public Relations Division’s Community Relations Coordinator helps establish, develop and maintain community partnerships, and we promote them so that everyone benefits and our community and school system are stronger as a result.
What does a mentor do?
A majority of schools in NHCS need mentors to provide one-on-one or group mentoring during the school day. Please contact the specific school or schools that you are interested in mentoring students.
What's Wrong with Different Anti-Bullying Program
- Chick-Fil-A provides food donations, gift cards and discounts to various schools.
- Corning provides speakers and volunteers and various schools.
- Food Lion provides food donations and partners with Nourish NC to support students.
- General Electric (GE) provides volunteers and speakers at various schools.
- Hendrick Toyota – Wilmington provides a new automobile to the NHCS Teacher of the Year and supports the Educator of the Year program.
- Lawyers for Literacy provides volunteers to read to and with elementary school students at various schools.
- McDonald’s provides food donations.
- Monteith Construction - Camp Schreiber, which provides tutoring and leadership building skills in males in various schools including Gregory, Williston, Trask, Hoggard, Laney and New Hanover to help build college educated leaders who have a positive impact on their community.
- Cape Fear Garden Club provides gardening activities and gardening specific donations to various schools.
- Rotary Clubs provide mentoring, volunteering, tutoring, snacks and financial donations to various schools.
- Kiwanis Club provides tutoring and volunteering at various schools.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Wilmington Alumnae Chapter, provides mentoring of girls and food donations to students and families.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity provides food donations to students and families and support to students at several schools..
- Phi Beta Sigma, Delta Nu Sigma Chapter provides supplies and volunteers to positively greet students at the beginning of the school day.
If you are interested in becoming a partner with NHCS, please contact Caress Clegg at (910) 254-4319 or email@example.com.
Consider collecting school
supplies and dropping them off
to your neighborhood school.
Many schools in the NHCS district
have uniform policies, and can always
use assistance in providing uniforms
to students with the need.
Consider giving a financial donations towards the New Hanover County Board of Education Scholarship for Future Teachers or establishing your own scholarship for high school seniors.