The New Hanover County Board of Education will hold the February Interim Board Meeting on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. in the Board of Education Center. The Board will not have a work session at this meeting. The purpose of the meeting includes the following:
- Superintendent’s and Board Chairperson’s Reports
- Approval of the Meeting Minutes, Personnel Report, Monthly Report of Contracts, and Year 2 - One-to-One Laptop Order
- Amendments to Board Policies 2300, 2330, 7360/8225, and 1610/7800
- Consideration of Bids for Chiller Replacement at Anderson, Gregory, and Murrayville Elementary Schools
- Consideration of Forest Hills Attendance Zone Modifications for the 2022-23 School Year
- Consideration of the 2021-22 Needs-Based Public School Capital Fund Grant Applications
- Information regarding the Title IX Survey; Behavior Leadership Foundations Update, Quarter 2 Suspensions, District SEL Plan; Insurance Requirements; and Facility Use Animals
In addition, a Closed Session will be held pursuant to NCGS 143-318.11 (a)(1), (3) and (6) to consider personnel matters and to maintain the confidentiality of personnel records under N.C.G.S. 115C-319 and -321; to prevent the disclosure of student records rendered confidential under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, 20 U.S.C. 1232g; to consult with the board’s attorney to preserve attorney-client privileged information, including in the case captioned John Does 1-14 v. New Hanover County Board of Education et al., New Hanover County Superior Court Case No. 19-CVS-2745.
The audience seating capacity will be 170. The general public will have the option to view remotely on NHCS-TV Youtube.
The Title IX Committee will meet on Monday, February 21, at 3:00 p.m at the Board of Education Center. The audience seating capacity will be 170.