The NHCS Student Ambassadors are a student-led group that allows students to feel more involved, heard, and valued. Student Ambassadors aim to create a safe space for students to vocalize their opinions and share their experiences regarding decisions that impact ALL students.
Student Ambassador structures seek cooperation, collaboration, and co-construction between students and adults while focusing on three pillars of policy, procedure and day-to-day campus life.
Student Ambassador Norms:
Respectfully and actively listen without interrupting;
Allow everyone the chance to speak;
- Use patience to hear and understand the perspectives of others;
- Understand that our views will not always align, but rather appreciate that we can learn from one another;
- Avoid assumptions, foul language and blame;
- Work collectively to bring forth solutions;
- Respect the space and keep personal information confidential;
- Understand that our words have power and impact; we are responsible for them.