MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY... BECOME A SUBSTITUTE TODAY!
Welcome and thank you for your interest in becoming a substitute teacher!
An effective substitute teacher is a vital part of student learning in the absence of a teacher.
- Non-certified Sub - Minimum of High School Diploma – 48 Credit Hours or Associates Degree Preferred ($80/day)
- Certified Sub – Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Education with a current or expired teaching license from North Carolina or out of state; or an intern with a pending completion letter ($103/day)
- Long Term Sub – Active North Carolina teaching license in the area of the assignment ($3500/month) (Minimum 4-week assignment)
- Non-certified or Certified Sub may substitute for a Teacher Assistant ($80/day for either)
- Experience Working with Children Preferred
- Clear Background Check and Strong Supervisory References
- Log in or Sign up for a Teacher Match Account
- Apply for Substitute Teacher on our Job Board
- Click on paperclip attachments for job description and important documents
- Complete and upload the Disclosure and Authorization Form
- Complete and upload the School Preference Checklist
- Upload verification of education (high school diploma or official college transcripts) and teaching license if applicable
- Once we have received your completed application, a clear background check and verification of education, we will send electronic references to the three names you have submitted on your application. References must include your current or most recent supervisor.
- Additional requirements after the pre-screening process is complete include a principal interview that we will help you set up using the School Preference Checklist, a health screening with a TB test, successful completion of NHCS Substitute Orientation, Effective Teacher Training, and Darkness to Light Child Safety Training (all online and free of charge) (Licensed teachers may sign a Letter of Attestation in lieu of Effective Teacher Training.)
- Additional new hire paperwork (tax forms, I-9, banking info) will also be requested.
* Substitute hours are capped at 129 hours per month.
**Former NHCS Employees need only to complete this application and the substitute manager will contact you for additional paperwork if needed.
***For additional questions or information, please contact Kim Cox, Substitute System Manager at 254-4345 or email@example.com.