- Who is age eligible to apply for PreK?
- How do I apply?
- How is eligibility determined?
- Is there additional criteria reviewed for eligibility?
- What to do if I suspect my child has a disability?
- Can my child be eligible and waitlisted?
- How are placements determined?
- Pre-K Calendar 2023-2024
Who is age eligible to apply for PreK?
How do I apply?
How is eligibility determined?
Is there additional criteria reviewed for eligibility?
What to do if I suspect my child has a disability?
- If you suspect your child has a disability and may need special education services, and your child is 3-5 years old and not age eligible to attend kindergarten, you may request to start the referral process. If you have questions regarding your preschool aged child, contact the child find office at 910-254-4236.
- Apply for the PreK Program!
Can my child be eligible and waitlisted?
How are placements determined?
Pre-K Calendar 2023-2024
- The school day is 6.5 hours 5 days a week.
- Class sizes are between 15-18 students.
- Classrooms maintain a 1:9 teacher to student ratio.
- Sites are licensed by DHHS Division of Child Development and Early Education and required to follow NC Child Care Rules.
- Public school bus transportation is available to children within the school district lines.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for transportation outside of the district transportation lines.
CURRICULUM & Resources
Creative Curriculum is the approved curriculum by NC PreK and Head Start. Creative Curriculum aligns with the North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development and the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes. (Objectives for Learning and Development is below)
ReadyRosie is a research-based parenting curriculum that builds on parents’ knowledge. All sites are required to use ReadyRosie to support increased engagement and partnership with families.
Ignite by Hatch is a digital learning platform anchored in a child-facing app that delivers engaging, research-based learning experiences through a dynamic digital play environment.
Conscious Discipline® is a comprehensive classroom management program and a social-emotional curriculum. It is based on current brain research, child development information, and developmentally appropriate practices. Conscious Discipline® has been specifically designed to make changes in the lives of adults first.
Fundations® Pre-K Activity Set supports students’ emerging understanding of the alphabetic principles of letter-sound associations and alphabetical order, and the written language skill of manuscript letter formation. (Public School Sites Only)
Eureka Math Eureka Math® is a holistic Prekindergarten through Grade 12 curriculum that carefully sequences mathematical progressions in expertly crafted modules, making math a joy to teach and learn. (Public School Sites Only)
Health Assessment (English)
Health Assessment (Spanish)