After School Programs
New Hanover County School Based After School Programs will not operate for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year.
To locate an after school program options for your student's school select the link below:
For specific information regarding programs such as programs verified in health and safety practices please visit www.puzzlesregion.com or Region 4 Child Care Resource & Referral 1-800-653-5212
Mission, Vision, and Beliefs
The New Hanover County Schools After School Programs offer after school care for school-age students. All NHCS After School Programs are licensed by the North Carolina Division of Child Development/Department of Health and Human Services. Each of the after school programs provide a safe, healthy, caring environment for every enrolled child.
- every child has worth and capacity for self-respect.
- every child has the right to a safe and healthy environment.
- children have the ability to learn and have fun.
- every child deserves quality care.
- school-age children must have a choice of various developmentally appropriate activities that promote learning experiences.
- every parent has the right to an affordable on-site after school program.
Each enrolled student in the after school program is placed in an age appropriate group and supervised by a trained caregiver. A variety of developmentally appropriate activities including, but not limited to, art, games, science, dramatic play, music, books, and puzzles will be offered daily to enrolled students. Students play outdoors daily as a part of their planned program, weather permitting. Quiet time offers quiet activities and a time to complete homework. A healthy and delicious snack is offered daily. Field trips are offered periodically