New Hanover County Schools





student holding sign

Welcome to New Hanover County Schools! We are excited to partner with you in providing your child with a superior educational experience.


How do I complete online application requests?

In order to complete online application requests such as Beginning of the Year Paperwork, Completion of School Year or Hardship Transfer click the following:

Begin Online Applications


How do I enroll my child in school?

In order to enroll your child in our school system, you will need to complete the online enrollment process and upload/provide the following documentation:

  • Proof of parent/legal guardian's domicile in New Hanover County verified by current residential property tax statement, residential deed, recent residential mortgage statement, current residential lease or rental agreement, and/or current utility bill.
  • Certified birth certificate or other acceptable proof of age
  • Up-to-date immunization record
  • NC Health Assessment
  • Safe Schools Affidavit (grades 1-12)
  • Parent/legal guardian photo ID (if available)
  • Custody documentation (if applicable)
  • Transcript from the prior school for any middle or high school students that have completed and received credit for high school level courses (if applicable).

CLICK HERE to begin the online enrollment process!

As a school system, we recognize that each child is a unique individual. The information you provide to us is important in helping us to fully understand your child's strengths and needs. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity.

If you need any help with this process, please refer to the following links or contact the data manager at your child's school for assistance. If you are struggling with the online enrollment system and would like in-person assistance with this process, please contact your child's school directly to make an appointment.

Which school will my child attend? CLICK HERE!

McKinney-Vento Information

The McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children and youths as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This definition specifically includes children and youth living in emergency shelters, motels, hotels, campgrounds, cars, public spaces or abandoned buildings; and children and youths who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.  If you believe, your situation would qualify for McKinney-Vento services, please contact your school McKinney-Vento liaison or Lisa Brenner, District McKinney-Vento Liaison at 910-254-4253.