New Hanover County Schools




Enrollment Documents

Supplemental Documentation for Enrollment

Once you create an account and complete your enrollment application, you will upload your supplemental documentation. Follow these steps below to upload images and files:
  • Navigate to your Enrollment Dashboard.
  • Scroll down to the bottom to view current student enrollments.
  • Under the Documentation Required column, click View/Add Docs.
  • The Uploaded Documents page will provide the  two-step process for uploading images and files.
  • Navigate back to your Enrollment dashboard to complete the enrollment process.

Supplemental documentation is due at the time of enrollment. If you have difficulty providing or uploading any documentation or have questions about registration or acceptable forms of documentation, please contact the zoned school for your residential district or the New Hanover County Schools Enrollment Office at 910.251.2929.

Domicile is determined by the parent or legal guardian. Only students who physically reside within the boundaries of New Hanover County, and non-resident students who have obtained approval from the School Board, may legally attend New Hanover County Schools. Documentation must be in the name of the parent or legal guardian.* Proof of domicile is required and accepted items include:
  • Current residential property tax statement
  • Current residential deed
  • Current residential mortgage statement
  • Current residential lease or rental agreement
  • Current residential homeowners or rental insurance policy
  • Current utility bill for service at the domicile or record dated within the last 30 days (such as Duke Energy or Cape Fear Public Utility Authority). A utility bill may also be required to verify a month-to-month lease or rental agreement.
Routine mail delivered by the United States Postal Service to the address of record and items such as pay stubs or bank or credit card statements are not accepted as proof of domicile. The above-listed items for a business, commercial, or non-residential address cannot be accepted for school assignment.
The McKinney-Vento Act defines homeless children and youth as individuals who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence. This definition specifically includes children and youth living in emergency shelters, motels, hotels, campgrounds, cars, public spaces or abandoned buildings; and children and youth who are sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason.  If you believe, your situation would qualify for McKinney-Vento services, please contact the social worker at the school of registration or the county McKinney Vento liaison at 910-254-4177.
*In the event the parent/legal guardian resides with another party and does not have an accepted form of proof of domicile in their name, and does not qualify for McKinney Vento, a notarized residency affidavit may be used with the residence provider submitting one of the above-noted items. This document must be notarized.+


Or other acceptable document for proof of age is required. Certified birth certificates may be obtained by writing the North Carolina Vital Records 1903 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1900, by calling 919.733.3000, or by visiting Vital Records (appointments required) at Cooper Memorial Health Building, 225 North McDowell Street, Raleigh, NC 27603-1382. They may also be obtained from the Register of Deeds Office in the county of the child's birth.


North Carolina state law requires all children in the state to receive certain immunizations, some exemptions may apply. Please visit for current immunizations required for school enrollment. If your child  is not immunized, please contact the nurse at the school of registration. By state law, the immunization record must be presented within 30 days of enrollment or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented. 


The NC health assessment form (specific document) is due the first day of school and must be signed by a licensed healthcare provider. Please visit for current health assessment required for school enrollment. This is required when a student enters Kindergarten or the first time a student is enrolled in a North Carolina public school in any grade. If you have any questions about the health assessment, please contact the nurse at the school of registration. By state law, the health assessment must be presented within 30 days of enrollment or the student shall be excluded from school until proof is presented.  English/Español

Immunizations and health assessments can be obtained from a family physician or clinics conducted by the New Hanover County Health Department. Be sure to contact your family physician or the Health Department at 910.798.6500 to schedule appointments for physicals and immunizations as soon as possible, if needed.  Any questions regarding the immunization and/or health assessment requirements should be directed to the nurse at the school of registration. 


This document is required for any student who has attended either a public or private school in this or any other state. By state law this is required before the student can begin school and must be notarized.+  English Español


Documents can include driver's license, passport, green card, embassy or consulate-issued identification, national identity card (such as Cedula de identidad, Tarjeta de identidad), state identification, military ID, or Faith ID card.

Please note, New Hanover County Schools cannot recognize notarized documents as proof of guardianship or custody and can only accept either a court order signed by a judge or a placement letter from the Department of Social Services/Department of Health & Human Services. For those families with unique guardianship circumstances, please contact the school of registration. 
A transcript from the prior school for any middle or high school students that have completed and received credit for high school level courses. Having this available at the time of enrollment allows for proper placement and course selection. 

+For notarized documents, families may choose to print the forms to be notarized by an outside source or make arrangements with their school to have forms notarized on campus. Families must provide their school with paper copies of notarized documents.

How to Enroll

You will need an email account in order to use the online system. See instructions below.
How to Enroll Video Instructions