Social & Emotional Learning & Behavior Education
NHCS SEL Vision
New Hanover County Schools strives to actively promote equitable and inclusive working, learning, and social environments for students and staff with a focus on educational equity, cultural competence, and comprehensive personal growth that will positively impact our schools, community, and world.
WHAT IS SEL?
SEL is a core component of education and human development. It is the way in which ALL HUMANS acquire the knowledge and skills to:
- build a strong sense of self
- manage emotions
- achieve personal and collective goals
- establish and maintain healthy relationships
- to feel and show empathy for others
- make responsible decisions