New Hanover County Schools




Parent/Community Information

Parent, Community and NHCS Information


Who do i call when

I think my child has a disability Special Ed chairperson at my child's school
I am unhappy with my child's progress My child's teacher, Special Ed chairperson, Principal, Liaison
My child needs special transportation Special Ed chairperson for IEP team meeting
I disagree with the decisions of my child's teacher My child's teacher, Principal, Liaison
I disagree with the decisions of my child's IEP team Principal, Liaison, Director
I have a complaint about a staff-member or policy Principal, Liaison, Director
I need support or advocacy for my child/my family Parent/Community Resources
For any other questions or concerns Please call the NHCS Special Education Office
at 254-4445 for assistance