New Hanover County Schools




student records request


Dr. Veronica Edge

Supervisor of Student Records & Secondary School Counseling


Angela Walker

Student Records Specialist

The following records may be requested online:

  • Student Records for current students and alumni.
  • Proof of Graduation documents (if grades are not needed).
  • NHCS Records Department does not provide duplicate diplomas.

School records for K-12 students transferring to another school or district (these records must be requesting by the enrolling school) must be requested online:

Effective July 1, 2021, in an effort to provide an enhanced and more secure service for our transfer students, all records requests for our former (transferring) students must be made online using K-12 Transfer. Official records requests submitted by fax, phone, email and mail will no longer be accepted by K-12 schools or districts. Please note there is not a fee for K-12 schools or districts.

To request records from a NHCS for a student who is transferring to your school, please visit:

After the request has been submitted, if you any further questions or concerns, please either:

  • Contact NHCS Records Department at 910-254-4308 if you are a former student

  • Contact your high school if you are a current student requesting a transcript.

Special Notes & Instructions 

If you need your copy faxed, please indicate that in the comment box. If you need your copy mailed and faxed, please purchase two copies and note in the comment box to fax one copy.  Also, make sure you check the box under documents to have it mailed. 

Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. Customers will receive emails from the ScribOrder site with comments. The email address is the one provided on the form. If you are not seeing these emails, please check the SPAM folder.

We cannot give out student information, including Student ID #s, over the phone. In order to receive student information, you must request it online.