NHCS CAN CODE CAMP
New Hanover County Schools is proud to partner with Cape Fear Commnity College, Live Oak Bank, UNC-Wilmington, and other community businesses to offer this five day camp that will be held at Cape Fear Community College.
NHCS Can Code Camp Description: This camp will take place July 10-14 from 9:00 AM- 3:30 PM. Students will learn to code using Apple Swift Playgrounds, collaborate to design app prototypes that address community problems, and practice critical and computational thinking, time management, and public speaking skills. This is a NO COST opportunity for your child and TRANSPORTATION will be provided. Camp participants should be defined by the following criteria:
- Rising 6-8 graders only (Current 5th graders)
- NHCS students only
- Students interested in coding, app design, and STEM education
CAMP REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED AFTER REACHING
THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS.
The parents/guardians of registered students should have received an email confirming their registration.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
LEARN TO CODE WITH SWIFT
Swift is an easy-to-understand programming language used by professional developers to create world class apps. NHCS middle school students can enjoy a free, fun week of summer camp to learn Swift from codingexperts. Campers will learn to code with Swift Playgrounds, a free app for iPad that makes getting started with Swift code interactive and fun.
The week will consist of many opportunities for students to learn to code, create an app prototype, and explore careers in coding.
- Gain knowledge about coding using one of the world’s most popular programming languages
- Prepare eager students for future careers in the hottest tech industries
- Bridge the gap in computer science training for all students
- Enjoy a fun summer learning experience
- Location: Cape Fear Community College
Downton Campus @ Union Station
(except for Wed. July 12 when it will be at UNCW)
- Dates: July 10-14
- Transportation & Lunch Provided