School and Community Resources
PARENT INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- Bullying Prevention- English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean
- Bring Attendance Home- Parent Video
- FAFSA Application Process Step-by-Step
- NC DPI Graduation Requirements
- Health Services, Immunizations, and Medications at School
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act: Enrollment and General Information
- Military Families/Parents- Support Resources
- PBS Kids for Parents
- How to Request Student Records (Current and Former Students)
- Safer School Info for Parents- NCDPI Resources
- Say Something Anonymous Reporting System
- Talking to Children About Violence: Infographic, National Association of School Psychologist (NASP)- English, Spanish
- Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers from NASP- English, Spanish
- Xello Families English Spanish
- Xello Student-Resume Builder
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline- 988 Lifeline provides free and confidential 24/7 support for people experiencing difficult times. Spanish, For Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- Carousel Child Advocacy Center- Provides services for child survivors of physical and sexual abuse.
- Clínica Latina- provides primary care, behavioral and mental health treatment services in Spanish, and in a culturally comfortable setting.
- Coastal Horizons- provides a broad range of effective, evidence-based substance use, mental health, crisis intervention, justice, and wellness services to persons in need.
- Legal Aid of North Carolina- Free legal help to low-income individuals with critical legal needs.
- New Hanover Health and Human Services- School Health Nurses and School-based Mental Health services.
- NCDHHS Services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing- Assistance to purchase adaptive technology, hearing aids and other listening devices, Job placement assistance and training.
- Port City United Connect New Hanover County- Port City United Connect is a 24/7 call center where community members can connect with resources and assistance they may need.
- Trillium Health Resources- Mental health, developmental disabilities, and substance use services. Access Line: 1-877-685-2415
NHCS STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES RESOURCES
- Drivers Education information for New Hanover County Schools students.
- Enrollment- The Enrollment website provides all the information and requirements needed to enroll in New Hanover County Schools.
- McKinney-Vento Homelessness Program services entitled under the federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
- School Counselors- School counselors support personal/social, academic and college/career exploration/decision-making. School counseling programs are delivered through individual counseling, small group sessions, and whole-class lessons.
- School Safety and Crisis Management- The New Hanover County School system, along with all of the Emergency Services within the county, works cooperatively to keep our students safe.
- School Social Workers- School Social Workers are the link between the home, school and community in providing direct as well as indirect services to students, families and school personnel to promote and support students' academic and social success.
- Child Find Information